Roseburg Emergency Dentistry
Dentists When You Need them Most
Experiencing a dental emergency can be a painful and scary experience. Luckily, our office in Roseburg is fully equipped to deliver personalized and immediate oral care after experiencing dental trauma. We strive to make sure every patient feels comfortable, with friendly staff and a welcoming, judgment-free environment.
Common Dental Emergencies
At Lee Dental, we will always listen to your concerns and clearly walk you through next steps. We understand dental emergencies can happen at any given moment, so we will go above and beyond to put your mind at ease.
If you have any lost dental fillings, cover the affected area with a piece of sugarless gum or some form of dental cement. If you have lost a dental crown, it is important to cover up the affected tooth with a cotton swab and clove oil. If you would like, you can put the crown back into place and temporarily attach it using dental cement, toothpaste, or a denture adhesive.
The most common dental emergencies include the following:
- Root fracture
- Chipped, broken, knocked-out teeth
- Mouth, gums, or soft tissue injuries
- Fractured jaw
- Lost fillings and crowns
- Injured lip, tounge, or cheek
When to See an Emergency Dentist in Roseburg
Determining whether your dental concerns warrant emergency dental care can depend on the severity and nature of the issue. Here are some guidelines to help you assess the situation:
- Severe pain: If you are experiencing intense and unmanageable pain, especially if it is accompanied by swelling, it may indicate an infection or an abscess. This typically requires immediate attention from an emergency dentist.
- Dental trauma: If you have experienced significant dental trauma, such as a knocked-out tooth, a fractured tooth, or a severe injury to your mouth or jaw, it is important to seek emergency dental care as soon as possible.
- Excessive bleeding: If you are experiencing uncontrollable bleeding from your mouth, lips, gums, or tongue, it is advisable to seek emergency dental care or visit a hospital emergency room for immediate attention.
- Infections or abscesses: Dental infections or abscesses can cause severe pain, swelling, and fever. These conditions usually require prompt dental treatment to prevent the infection from spreading.
- Loose or displaced dental restorations: If a dental crown, filling, or other dental restoration becomes loose, dislodged, or damaged, it is important to contact your dentist promptly to assess the situation and determine if emergency care is needed.
It's important to note that these guidelines are general and it's always best to consult with our dentist to remain safe. If you are uncertain about the severity of your dental concern, contact Lee Dental for advice. We can help you make an informed decision.
Gentle & Compassionate Roseburg Emergency Dental Care
Whether you are a new patient or a returning patient, you can trust our team to deliver gentle and compassionate emergency dental solutions. At Lee Dental, we take pride in being completely transparent with our patients, so you have an accurate understanding of your dental trauma.
We want every patient to be able to afford quality care, which is why we accept Care Credit for financing options. If you are suffering from a dental emergency, don’t spend another moment in pain and contact us as soon as possible.
Call us today at (541) 672-2461 and learn more about our Roseburg emergency dental services.